My daily readings 07/16/2012
5 Lessons I Learned the Hard Way with Startups.com – The Next Web
This post is my personal reflection on what went wrong. The paint is still fresh, and I’m still a bit sore with the pain of failure on my shoulders… but it’s not the first one in my entrepreneurial life. I am moving beyond it and focusing on what I’m really passionate about.
Naveed Lalani • Purpose-Driven User Experience
Great points. Put users’ purpose in the center of the UX design
… A definitive statement about the difference that [the company] is trying to make in the world.”
What makes Apple’s approach to user experience superior to others? I think the answer is simple – everything Apple does, including how it deals with user experience decisions, is driven by Purpose
. Readers of this blog will know that GSD&M’s core focus when engaging with a client is to help them find their Purpose and excel. The Purpose Institute
defines Purpose as “… A definitive statement about the difference that [the company] is trying to make in the world.”
To dig into the concept of Purpose a bit more, let’s take a look at Instagram. The Purpose Institute details the following key areas relating to Purpose:
- Purpose drives everything.
- Purpose is a path to high performance.
- Purpose fosters visionary ideas and meaningful innovation.
- Purpose moves mountains.
- Purpose will hold you steady in a turbulent marketplace.
- Purpose injects your brand with a healthy dose of reality.
- Purpose recruits passionate people.
- Purpose brings energy and vitality to the work at hand.
- Purpose contributes to a life well lived.
These can be directly applied to user experience decisions.
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.