My daily readings 03/14/2010
Lack of wealth through lack of empathy
Then he talked about how iPhone was this great thing and how iPhone app developers got rich. And I told him in a grim voice to go ahead and get rich off iPhone apps and he sensed disrespect, to him or to the iPhone or both. But mainly it wasn’t disrespect, it was desperation. I told him to go ahead and do these apps because he probably can, and I certainly can’t, so I have no choice but leave all this wealth for him to collect.
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
A leader’s job often includes changing your people’s attitudes and
behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be
"hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
App Store data analysis for iPhone developers by appFigures | iTunes Connect Analytics | App Store report analysis | App Store ranks | iPhone App Store Reviews
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.