Walking In Zappos’ Footsteps
Hsieh says his focus for 2009 are the Three C’s: clothing, customer service and culture. Seven ways you can bring Zappos’ core values into your company:
1) Decide: If you’re going to build a sustainable brand, it will require more patience at the outset to lay the foundation.
2) Figure Out Values & Culture: When your personal values are in line with your company values, you don’t have to worry.
3) Commit to Transparency: From Twitter, an “Ask Anything” newsletter, extranet for vendors, tours and reporter visits, keep practices open and accessible.
4) Vision: Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger. Chase the value not the money. And that includes your employees’ vision as well.
5) Build Relationships: Not networking. Meeting interesting people.
6) Build Your Team: Hire more slowly and fire more quickly.
7) Think Long Term: Overnight successes were a long time in the making.