Air Horn is the name of the free app and was developed in less than 3 hours. Alex knows the app is gimmicky and is not going to stand the test of time. This is a good example of a random app catapulting through the app rankings for no particular reason and actually making the developer some money. Here’s what we learned:
- It took 188,310 daily downloads to reach #1 on Monday, 5/31.
- As of Monday, 6/7, it was still #1 with 129,286 daily downloads.
- Daily ad impressions on Air Horn increased from 160,000/day to more than 2,000,000/day at peak.
- As of 6/7, Air Horn served a total of 4 million 3rd party ad network impressions since 5/31.
- Over that same time, 4 million cross promotion impressions were served to promote Annoying Sounds.
- Annoying Sounds shot all the way to the #5 overall app.
- Before the cross-promotion, Annoying Sounds wasn’t even a top 1000 app.
- Daily ad impressions on Annoying Sounds jumped from 35,000/day to more than 1,000,000/day at peak.